and our Seminaries
Scapulars. Jewelry. Crucifixes
Stylish & Modest Fashion
General Instruction of the
Roman Missal for the
United States of America
The World Seen from Rome
National Catholic Register
Did you know:
The Legionaries of Christ are
in 80 US Catholic dioceses
where their priests, brothers,
consecrated members and
Regnum Christi members work.
Click on the following links
to find out more:
Catholic World Mission
The Legion of Christ
The Altius Foundation
Pilgrim Queen of
Shrines and Holy Places
In municipality order
La Salette Shrine
1109 Berne Altamont Road
Altamont, NY. 12009
Missionaries of Our Lady of La Salette.
Motto: Make this message known to all my people.
These words were first spoken by Our Lady on September 19, 1846 to two little children, Maximin and Melanie, near the small town of La Salette, close to Grenoble, France.
La Salette priests, sisters and brothers continue to care for the alienated and estranged by ministering to pilgrims at our shrines throughout the world
National Shrine of Our Lady of Martyrs
National Shrine of the North Anmerican Martyrs
136 Shrine Rd.
Auriesville, New York 12016
The Auriesville Shrine is located in the beautiful Mohawk Valley in central New York State about 40 miles west of Albany. Surrounded by 600 acres of beautiful land near the Adirondack Park, the Shrine is a great place to visit for Mass or pilgrimages and bring a picnic lunch.
Interstate 90 (The New York State Thruway), Exit 27 (Amsterdam). Route 30 North a very short distance and continue west along Route 5S six miles to Noeltner Road.
Sacred Heart Diocesan Shrine
5337 Genesee St., Route 31
Bowmansville, NY. 14026
The Sacred Heart Diocesan Shrine, made from local fieldstone, is one-and-one-half stories high and was built by the men of the parish in 1926 (Immaculate Conception portion) and in 1927 (Sacred Heart portion). The park like setting makes for a very peaceful place to pray, meditate and cache.
Saint Adalbert's Basilica
Bazylika Swietego Wojciecha
212 Stanislaus Street
Buffalo, NY 14212
Construction of Saint Adalbert's Basilica, (referred to in Polish as Bazylika Swietego Wojciecha) was started in 1890 by Polish immigrants. It is an example of the Polish Cathedral style in both its opulence and grand scale. The brick building is 240 feet long by 118 feet wide.
The 36 Stained glass windows of the Basilica were produced by Franz Mayer & Co. of Munich, Germany. The interior was decorated by Jozef Mazur, an ecclesiastical painter and a member of the parish. The stained glass windows were imported from Germany. The main altar of imported marble was installed with funds left the parish for this purpose in the last will of Fr. Flaczek.
The church gained affiliation with St. Mary Major Basilica in Rome in 1907 but may not have received the minor basilica status.
Our Lady Help of Christians Shrine
4125 Union Rd.
Cheektowaga, NY. 14225
In 1854 the Chapel was not yet established as a canonically erected parish. The Batt Family were members of Sts. Peter and Paul in Williamsville. In 1864, asking for divine intervention to end the Civil War, Fr. Joseph Zoegel, the Williamsville pastor, formally declared the journey to Our Lady Help of Christians Shrine a pilgrimage.
San Silverio Shrine
694 Old Route 22
Dover Plains, NY
The San Silverio Shrine of Dover Plains was built by the Ponzesi people as a way of preserving a piece of our Italian heritage in the United States, and showing their devotion to their patron saint. Every year people of Ponzese ancestry come from all over the United States, Canada, and Italy to enjoy the festivals that are held at the Shrine. The Festival of Saint Silverio attracts well over 1,000 people each year. It is the focal point of Ponzese culture, and continues to grow every year.
Shrine web site
Our Lady of Knock Shrine
East Durham, NY 12423
Honors Our Lady's apparition in 1877 in Ireland.
Our Lady of Knock Shrine - Opened in 1989 our Shrine and location of Daily & Weekend Masses is dedicate to Our Lady of Knock, Mother of God, who appeared in Knock, County Mayo Ireland on August 21st . All the stained windows and monuments are from Donegal, Ireland. It is a beautiful shrine and a Roman Catholic place of worship.
the Irish Village East Durham in the Catskills will contain authentic structures representing a composite village in Ireland, as it would have been at the end of the 19th century.
Shrine Of Our Lady Of The Island
Eastport - see: Manorville, NY below
National Shrine of Saint Kateri Tekakwitha and Friary
P.O. Box 627
West Main Street
Fonda, NY 12068
Kateri Tekakwitha was a young Mohawk woman who lived in the 17th century. The story of her conversion to Christianity, her courage in the face of suffering and her extraordinary holiness is an inspiration to all Christians.
New York Thruway to Exit 28 (Fonda-Fultonville) Follow signs to Route 5 west
Shrine is 1/4 mile west of the Village of Fonda.
Franciscan Friars of the Atonement
St. Paul Friary
P.O. Box 300
Garrison, NY 10524-0301
Since its inception in 1898, reconciliation and healing through atonement - the unity of men and women with God and one another - has been the mission of the Friars' work and ministries to people of every race, religion, and walk of life.
Shrine of Our Lady of Martyrs
Fultonville, NY 12016
see: Auriesville, New York
Franciscan Sisters of the Atonement
41 Old Highland Turnpike
Garrison, New York 10524
The Franciscan Sisters of the Atonement are a missionary congregation of women who share life in the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience within a context of community. We share common apostolic goals, remembering our Foundress Lurana White who said, "Let us have many missions small and poor, but rich in love of God, one another and all people."
The Immaculate Conception Church and Shrines
67 North Lake Road
Haines Falls, NY 12436
The Immaculate Conception church was built in 1907 and was permitted to keep its' original altar, statues and decorations.
Behind the church are shrines built in 1926 honoring Saint Therese of the Child Jesus, Saint Agnes and Our Lady of Fatima.
Visitors are welcome year-round. The shrines are outdoors and are always open.
The Dominican Sisters of Hawthorne
600 Linda Avenue, Hawthorne
New York 10532-1362
Consecrated religious congregation founded in 1900 by Rose Hawthorne Lathrop, (Mother Mary Alphonsa,) the daughter of Nathaniel Hawthorne.
Rosary Hill Home
A skilled nursing facility operated by the Dominican Sisters of Hawthorne. The Home is dedicated to providing palliative care to persons afflicted with incurable cancer. It was established in 1901.
The Rose Hawthorne Guild
Encourages devotion to Mother Alphonsa and works on the process of her beatification and canonization.
Our Lady of Victory Basilica & National Shrine
767 Ridge Road
Lackawanna, N.Y. 14218
In 1921 Father Nelson Baker at the age of 79 years, unveiled ambitious plans for a shrine that would rival any within the U.S. By late1925, construction of the great Sanctuary of Our Lady of Victory was completed and the first Mass was held there on Christmas of that year. It was consecrated on May 25, 1926. Two months later, on July 20, 1926, it was officially designated a Minor Basilica via an apostolic decree from Pope Pius XI.
Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima
1023 Swann Rd.
P.O. Box 167
Youngstown, NY 14174-0167
Our Lady of Fatima Shrine and Basilica in Youngstown, NY was built by the Barnabite Fathers in an effort to bring to the United States some of the beauty and charm of the original Fatima, Portugal Shrine. It was begun in 1954 and now covers several acres.
Be sure to put this on your list of "Great Places to visit".
Shrine Of Our Lady Of The Island
Eastport-Manor Rd., Box 26
Manorville, New York 11949
On the grounds are the Blessed Sacrament Chapel.
The statue of Our Lady of the Island atop an 18 foot pedestal of rocks facing the Atlantic Ocean.
A monument of St. Louis Marie de Montfort founder of the Company of Mary. Coffee Shop and Gift Shop.
The 70 acres of land eas donated by Mr. Crescenzo Vigliotta, Sr. for a shrine to honor Mary.
Grounds are open from Sunrise to Sunset. Check website for schedule.
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers
PO Box 304
Maryknoll, NY 10545-0304
Toll Free: 888-627-9566
PO Box 311
Maryknoll, NY 10545-0311
National Shrine of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
70 Carmelite Drive
PO Box 2163
Middletown, NY. 10940
The National Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel was founded to encourage and perpetuate devotion to Mary and her Scapular under the special title of Our Lady of Mt Carmel. All pilgrims are welcome to the Shrine.
Situated on 60 acres in the mid-Hudson region of New York State. It is open year around.
Visitors may participate in daily and Sunday Liturgies, days of Recollection, Novenas and celebrations for Carmelite Feast days, the sacrament of reconciliation and the outdoor Stations of the Cross.
Web site >>
Our Lady's Rosary Garden Shrine
P.O. Box 2130
Monroe, NY 10950
Immaculate Conception Church and
Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine
732 US 20
PO Box 218
New Lebanon, NY 12125
The Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes in New Lebanon has been open to visitors since 1929. Modeled after the original site in Lourdes, France, it contains actual bricks from that shrine.
A shrine to Our Lady of Fatima is located across the street from the parish and Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine.
Holy Infant Jesus Shrine
3452 Niagara Falls Blvd.
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
The Infant Jesus statue, venerated in the shrine, is a replica of the renowned original statue revered at San Salvatore in Onda Church, in Rome, since the times of St. Vincent Pallotti.
The Holy Infant Jesus Shrine is not a parish church. It is a house of prayer and worship for everyone.
The Franciscan Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart
250 South Street,
Peekskill, New York
Beautiful location overlooking the Hudson River.
The Fatima grotto, the cucifiction scene and numerous statues are outdoors. The chapel is not open to the public.
Shrine of Our Lady, Queen of Peace
Mount Savior Monastery
231 Monastery Rd.
Pine City NY 14871-9787
"Fr. Damasus Winzen and three companions came to a wooded hill outside Elmira NY, which they named Mount Saviour in honor of our Saviour's Transfiguration. In 1951, the life was hard and lacked many of the comforts that people take for granted. The new monastery was not to be divided into 'choir monks' and 'lay brothers' as has been the custom in recent centuries. The monks share equal opportunities and equal burdens of work, study and prayer. The monks utilize 250 acres of the land for raising sheep and producing market lambs, yarn and pelt products while many other acres serve as a woodlot. There is also a book and gift shop."
North American Martyrs Chapel
Oscawanna Lake Road
Putnam Valley, NY 10579
Eight French Jesuits, the most famous of whom was St. Isaac Jogues, were martyred while spreading Christianity in North America and Canada.
In 1936, Msgr. Patrick A. O'Leary from Ireland, who had studied the Jesuits, wanted to build a chapel in their honor. He chose to build it in the shape of an Iroquois long house.
Outside the barrel shaped chapel, alongside the Lord's Prayer and the Hail Mary translated into Iroquoian, are Indian plaques and carvings.
Inside the church along with a painting of the Crucifixion are traditional North American Indian motifs stenciled along the walls. Pews are rough hewn wood. The overhead lamps are shaped like Iroquois food storage pots. The altarpiece is made of logs, shaped like stockade with the pickets arranged like organ pipes. The altar light rests in a two-foot-long replica of an Iroquois canoe. Stations of the Cross are painted on an Iroquois drumhead.
The church is maintained by parishioners of St. Columbanus Parish in nearby Cortland Manor.
Sacred Heart Cathedral
296 Flower City Park
Rochester, New York 14615
Sacred Heart Cathedral is located on Flower City Park, between Dewey and Lake avenues in Rochester, NY. It is Mother Church of the Diocese of Rochester.
The Cathedral was recently renovated. Unfortunately they claim they wanted to bring it into conformity with "the current norms of the Roman Catholic Church" and gutted the structure. The altar is gone, the pews are gone (replaced by chairs) and feeling that you are in a sacred place is gone.
Holy Dormition Shrine
St. Mary's Villa
150 Sisters Servant Lane
Sloatsburg, NY 10974-9617
The Sisters Servants of Mary Immaculate (Ukrainian Byzantine) operate and maintain both an indoor and outdoor shrine to Our Lady-The Holy Dormition (Assumption). Visitors are welcome to the outdoor shrine anytime, but must call for reservations for the indoor shrine.
Marian Shrine (Mary, Help of Christians)
186 Filors Lane
Stonypoint, NY -- see: West Haverstraw, NY. 10993
Sacred Heart Basilica
927 Park Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13204 2189
Phone: (315) 422-2343
In May 1892, Rev. Anthony F. Kolaszewski and 124 families petitioned the bishop for a new parish. The following month the organizers met, decided to build their own church and selected the Sacred Heart of Jesus as their Patron. On July 24th 1892 the corner-stone for the new wooden church was laid and blessed. The first Mass was offered August 30, 1892.
Rev. Francis Rusin came to Sacred Heart in June 16, 1896, immediately after his ordination. He found a flock of 85 families, a $17,000.00 church building and debts of $11,000.00. From that day forward Father Rusin toiled, working with his own hands to build the beautiful current church. On June 20, 1906, with the permission of the Board of Trustees, two Park Avenue lots were purchased.
At the beginning of 1907, Merrich and Randall, architects, prepared the plans and specifications for the new church. The parishioners themselves dug the foundation to save on money. The cornerstone was blessed October 20, 1907. The gothic church, built in the shape of a cross, is built of stone with a marble veneer. It is 162 feet long and 105 feet at its’ widest point. The seating capacity is 1200. Its’ two spires are 212 feet high.
It was dedicated June 5, 1910 by Bishop R. Rhode, D.D. Polish Auxiliary Bishop of Chicago, by special permission of Bishop Ludden.
Sacred Heart was designated as a Basilica on October 10, 2004.
Shrine and Museum of Saint Marianne Cope
Sisters of Saint Francis Motherhouse
1024 Court Street
Syracuse, NY 13208
Located at St. Anthony Convent of the Sisters of St. Francis of the Neumann Communities in Syracuse, N.Y. the shrine and museum provide wonderful information about the life and legacy of St. Marianee Cope, from her early life in Utica, to her health care ministry in New York and with people with Hansen's disease (leprosy) in Hawaii.
Exhibits and artifacts illustrate Mother Marianne's life, her many accomplishments, and the canonization process.
Saint Marianne's remains were transferred to the reliquary in the Chapel at the Motherhouse on her feastday on January 23, 2009
Marian Shrine (Mary, Help of Christians)
186 Filors Lane
West Haverstraw, NY. 10993
Marian Shrine and Retreat Center on 200 peaceful acres.
Italian marble rosary way. Replica of the St John Bosco birthplace.
48-foot statue of the Madonna. 15-Station Rosary Walk.
Outdoor Way of the Cross. Giftshop/Bookstore and Cafeteria.
Pavilion Chapel Worship Center. 48 ft. Rosary Madonna.
Good Counsel Academy and
Divine Compassion Spirituality Center
52 North Broadway
Immaculate Conception Grotto
On the grounds of the former
St Agnes Hospital
305 North St
White Plains, NY 10605
Chapel is always open.
Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima
Youngstown -- see Lewiston, NY
Visit Ignatius Press for the best in Catholic Reading!