and our Seminaries
Scapulars. Jewelry. Crucifixes
Stylish & Modest Fashion
Regnum Christi Live
General Instruction of the
Roman Missal for the
United States of America
The World Seen from Rome
National Catholic Register
Good Counsel Homes
Shrines and Holy Places
Shrine Our Lady Of Charity - National Sanctuary
3609 S Miami Ave
Miami, FL 33133
"Dijo María: He aquí la sierva del Señor; hágase en mí según tu palabra."
This shrine was built by Cuban immigrants in honor of Our Lady of Charity, the patroness of Cuba. The Sanctuary was started in 1959. On September 8, 1961 a replica of Our Lady was secretly brought over from the Cuban city of Guanabo, near Havana and is now the center point of the shrine.
The House of Prayer
la Casa de Oración
2300 S.W. 67 Avenida
Miami, Florida 33155
Information & novena
The chapel of the Most Holy Blessed Sacrament is on the upper floor of the House of Prayer. The chapel has a relic and image of Saint Faustina, images of the Divine Mercy, the Black Virgin of Chestoshowa (the patroness of Poland) and Pope John Paul II.
Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe
8300 Vineland Avenue
Orlando, Florida 32821
In the 1970s, Bishop Grady and Fr. Harte in the the Diocese of Orlando realized that they should have a large facility for the millions of visitors coming there.
On December 8, 1984 ground was broken for the first phase of construction. Within two years, the initial facility was completed. Across the courtyard, an outdoor chapel and an 80-foot bell tower was added.
On August 22, 1990 ground was broken for the main church. Within two years the 2,000 seat, 56,000 square foot interior was opened. On July 17, 2009, Pope Benedict XVI declared the Shrine a minor basilica. It is estimated that half million pilgrims and tourist visit the shrine annually.
Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche
27 Ocean Avenue
St. Augustine, FL 32084
On September 8, 1565, Pedro Menendez de Aviles landed at this site and claimed it site for Spain and the Church. Father Francisco Lopez, a chaplain of his expedition celebrated the first parish Mass and began the first American Mission. A shrine to our Lady of La Leche was established here in 1615. It is the first shrine dedicated to Our Blessed Mother in the United States.
The site has a Chapel of Our Lady of La Leche, a church dedicated to the Prince of Peace and an outdoor altar with a 208 foot cross.
Thousands of visitors and pilgrims make their way to this Shrine asking for the blessings of motherhood.
Cathedral Basilica of St. Augustine
38 Cathedral Place
St. Augustine, FL 32084
The Cathedral Basilica of St. Augustine is the oldest parish of a permanent European settlement on the North American continent north of Mexico.
The first church at St. Augustine was razed by Sir Francis Drake in 1586. It was rebuilt but destroyed when Carolina Governor James Moore, attacked and burned St. Augustine in 1702. In 1763 Florida was ceded to Great Britain as part of the First Treaty of Paris concluding the French and Indian War.
The present Cathedral of St. Augustine was started in 1793 and completion in August of 1797. It was destroyed by fire in 1887 then enlarged and reopened in 1888.
On December 4, 1976, Pope Paul VI raised the edifice to the dignity of a Minor Basilica. It was the 27th American church to be honored as such by the Holy See.
Visit Ignatius Press for the best in Catholic Reading!
Publisher: Delphi Communications | Editor: Alex Majthenyi | 36 Garth Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583
Phone: 914-725-8000 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Copyright | Disclaimer | Privacy