Our Lady of Peace Cathedral
1184 Bishop Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Tel: (808) 536 - 7036
The Cathedral was dedicated by Msgr. Maigret on August 15, 1843 and served as the mother church of the Vicariate Apostolic of the Hawaiian Islands.
Seventeen stained glass designs grace the interior of the Cathedral of Our Lady of Peace.
Blessed Damien was ordained to the priesthood on May 24, 1864 at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Peace.
He is most noted for his devotion to caring and ministering to people with what was then widely known as leprosy, forced by government-sanctioned medical segregation, living on the island of Molokai, Hawaii.
Blessed Mother Marianne went to Molokai in 1883 with six Franciscan Sisters to care for those suffering the devastating effects of Hansen's Disease
Co-Cathedral of St. Theresa of the Child Jesus
(St. Theresa of Lisieux)
712 N School St.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
The Cathedral of St Theresa is a beautiful modern church built in 1931.