and our Seminaries
Scapulars. Jewelry. Crucifixes
Stylish & Modest Fashion
Regnum Christi Live
General Instruction of the
Roman Missal for the
United States of America
The World Seen from Rome
National Catholic Register
Good Counsel Homes
Shrines and Holy Places
The Sanctuary of Mary
Our Lady of The Holy Spirit
Rural Route 1 Box 106
Branchville, NJ. 07826
Perpetual Rosary Shrine
Monastery of the Perpetual Rosary
The Dominican Province of Saint Joseph
1500 Haddon Ave.
Camden, NJ. 08103
Shrine of Our Lady of Sorrows and of All Consolation
Our Lady of Sorrows Church
Founded and staffed by
Missionaries of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary
200 Wilson Ave.
Linwood, NJ. 08221
Missionaries of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary
2249 Shore Road
Linwood, NJ 08221
609-927-5600 Calling Hours: 8:30am-4:00pm EST Mon-Fri
St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church
Shrines and Rosary Garden
256 Old Dutch Road R 908-647-0208 t.'s 40 & 47
Malaga, New Jersey 08328
The Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart
89 Ridge Street
Newark, New Jersey 07104
Cathedral Office: 973-484-4600
Music Office: 973-484-2400
Convent phone: 973-484-1516
A new Cathedral church in the city of Newark was proposed by Bishop Bayley in 1859. Land for the church was acquired in 1871. The project was finally started in 1881.
The church was originally conceived in the English-Irish Gothic style. Physical dimensions were determined as the cathedral is today -- length, three hundred sixty-five feet and nave width fifty feet.
Construction began in January, 1898 and progressed rapidly.. The cornerstone was laid on June 11, 1899. More than fifty thousand people observed the parade to the Cathedral site and over one hundred thousand gathered to watch the ceremony.
By April 1902, the walls stood fifty feet at the nave and ambulatory locations and work on the front towers had begun. However, a dangerous shift in the position of the columns was observed in 1908 and construction was halted. Twenty-two of the original pillars had to be removed and reset.
In 1913 the design was changed to French Gothic and the towers were shortened to the current height. Plate glass was installed in all the windows in 1924 and the outside of the Cathedral was structurally finished.
Construction proceeded slowly but Bishop Thomas Joseph Walsh decided to use the church. On May 1, 1928, even though unfinished, for public worship. And so plans were Cathedral on May l, 1928 a close to four thousand people attended his installation.
In 1950 a Cathedral Builders' Association was formed to raise five million dollars to finish construction. In 1953 marble floors were laid throughout the church, heating and ventilating systems were installed and stained glass finished. On October 19, 1954, the Cathedral was dedicated. On December 22nd 1995 the Cathedral was designated a minor basilica.
National Shrine of St. Gerard
St. Lucy's Church
118 7th Avenue
Newark NJ 07104
St Lucy's is a century old baroque building built by Italian Immigrants. The church has statues of many saints and stained glass windows depicting different devotions. mThe St. Gerard's chapel was dedicated as a national shrine In 1977.
Saint Gerard was a Redemptorist brother from southern Italy. He is a patron of expectant mothers and of the unjustly accused.
Stella Maris Chapel (Latin for "Star of the Sea)
114 Corbin St. in Port Newark
Newark, NJ. 07105
The Stella Maris Chapel serves 8,000 Catholics who work aboard ships and in port.
The grounds contain an impressive tribute to the World Trade Center as well as a statue of the Stella Maris, carved from marble harvested from the same Italian source as masterpieces by Michelangelo.
Inside, an oil portrait of the Stella Maris, also imported from Italy, a ceremonial brick obtained directly from the Vatican, and stations of the cross carved by a prisoner in Sing Sing Correctional Prison, Ossining, NY, are just a few of the personal touches of which Father Mario is most proud.
Cathedral of Saint Michael the Archangel
96 First Street
Passaic, New Jersey 07055
Rectory -- 973-777-2553
Eastern Europeans began to immigrate to the Passaic area in 1877. Father Alexander Dzubay began ministering to Byzantine Catholics in 1880 and ten years later St. Michael the Archangel parish was established.. The former Evangelical Mission Chapel at the corner of First and Bergen streets was purchased in 1891 and Father Nicephor Chanath became the parish's first resident pastor. Construction on the present church was begun in 1902 and it was completed in 1905. Property was acquired in 1917 that became St. Michael's Cemetery.
The Eparchy of Passaic was established on July 31, 1963 and St. Michael's Church became the cathedral. Construction began in 1985 on the Cathedral Chapel of St. Michael and Social Center in West Paterson. It was dedicated on May 31, 1987.
Shrine of St. Joseph's
1050 Long Hill Rd.
Stirling, NJ. 07890
The Shrine of St. Joseph has became a grounding place for people on a faith journey; as a retreat center, academy for boys, inspirational home for seminarians; a place of spiritual renewal for clergy. A sacred space where all people can journey with their God.
Over the years, thousands of people have knelt in the rustic barn Chapel that stood for over 50 years, and now our modern Chapel, absorbing the peace of Christ through the silence of a landscape that nurtures intimate prayer and quiet reflection.
Monastery of Our Lady of the Rosary
543 Springfield Ave.
Summit, NJ. 07901-4498
You are cordially invited to visit our public chapel (open daily 6:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.) and join us in intercession and adoration before Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.
St. Mary's Rosary Garden
The Cloister Gift Shoppe
Shrine of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
674 Mountain View Road
Washington, NJ. 07882
The National Blue Army Shrine of the Immaculate Heart of Mary is a Catholic Shrine dedicated to the message of Fatima. It is owned and operated by The Blue Army, USA, a worldwide movement of millions of faithful responding to the requests Our Blessed Mother made to three shepherd children at Fatima, Portugal in 1917.
The Shrine is located on 150 acres and rises over the lovely Muscontecong Valley as an architectural embodiment of the faith and devotion of pilgrims to Our Lady and hosts more than 50,000 pilgrims annually. The Shrine provides all who come here a peaceful setting for prayer and meditation.
World Apotolate of Fatima, USA
Visit Ignatius Press for the best in Catholic Reading!
Publisher: Delphi Communications | Editor: Alex Majthenyi | 36 Garth Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583
Phone: 914-725-8000 | e-mail: email@example.com |
Copyright | Disclaimer | Privacy