Good Counsel Homes
Shrines and Holy Places
New York City
National Shrine of the Motherhood of St. Ann
St. Ann's Church
110 East 12th St.
New York, NY. 10003
St. Patrick's Basilica, the Old Cathedral
263 Mulberry Street
New York, NY, 10012
Construction of the city's first Cathedral Church started on June 8,1809. It was dedicated on May 14,1815, and served as the Cathedral of the diocese of New York for seventy years. Become known as the "Old Cathedral" in 1879 with opening of the larger and more grand edifice at Fifth Avenue and 51st Street
Old St Patrick's Cathedral was named a basilica by Benedict XVI in 2010. It is the first church in the Archdiocese of New York to be so honored.
Church of Notre Dame
114th St. and Morningside Dr.
New York, NY. 10027
The Church of Notre Dame in New York City is a parish of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York,
Notre Dame began in 1910 as a mission of the St. Vincent de Paul Parish
The grotto chapel was dedicated by Archbishop Farley (later Cardinal Farley) on October 2, 1910.
The larger church was dedicated on February 11 (the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes), 1915 by Cardinal Farley. In the fall of 1919.
St. Paul's Church
Shrine of Our Lady of Provolision
113 East 117th St.
New York, NY. 10035
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church & Shrine
448 East 116th St.
New York, NY. 10029
Grotto Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes
Our Lady of Lourdes Church
Aberdeen St. & Broadway
Brooklyn, NY. 11207
Shrine of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
275 North 8th St.
Brooklyn, NY. 11211
Regina Pacis Votive Shrine
c/o St. Rosalia Church
1230 65th St.
Brooklyn, NY. 11219
The Cathedral Basilica of St. James
Jay Street and Cathedral Place
Brooklyn, NY 11201
St. James was founded in 1822 and was the first Catholic church on Long Island. On March, 1, 1822. Peter Turner, foremost founder of St. James and President of the Roman Catholic Society, gathered 70 lay persons to buy property for a church. July 25, 1822. On the feast of St. James the Greater, Bishop Connolly laid the cornerstone of the church. It was to be the third church in New York City.
On November 9, 1853. John Loughlin was installed as the first Bishop of Brooklyn at St. James Cathedral.
On October 3, 1979. On his first visit to the United States as Pope, His Holiness John Paul II stopped and walked among the faithful assembled in front of St. James Cathedral, blessing those who had gathered to greet him.
St James was designated a basilica on May 6, 1982. The basilica symbols - the Tintinnabulum and Ombrellino – were installed on November 9, 1997.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help
526 59th St.
Brooklyn, NY. 11220
The Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help is a large architectural landmark. The Basilica has two floors allowing two services to be conducted at the same time.
It is located in the Borough of Brooklyn.
On December 8th, 1893, the first parish Masses were celebrated in the wooden rectory, and 350 were present.
On Saturday, November 1, 1969, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church was inaugurated as a basilica.
Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompeii
225 Siegal St. (Between Bushwick & White Aves.)
Brooklyn, NY. 11206
Shrine may be under construction. Call before going.
Shrine to Our Lady of Lourdes
833 Mace Avenue
Bronx, NY 10467
Built in 1929, at the request of the pastor of the nearby St. Lucy's Roman Catholic Church, the small stone grotto quickly became the object of pilgrimages from not only New Yorkers, but people from across the United States. Even today, the faithful swear by the healing properties of the water.
New York State
"Reproductive Health & Privacy
Protection" Act (RHAPP)
Myths and Facts About the Reproductive Health & Privacy
Memo of Opposition
Publisher: Delphi Communications | Editor: Alex Majthenyi | 36 Garth Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583
Phone: 914-725-8000 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Copyright | Disclaimer | Privacy