and our Seminaries
Regnum Christi Live
Shrines and Holy Places
The Cathedral of St. John The Baptist
120 Broad Street
Charleston SC 29401
On May 3, 1821, Bishop John England purchased the present property in Charleston and built a temporary chapel for the congregation.
Construction of the first cathedral at the present site was started on July 30, 1850. The cathedral was consecrated on April 6, 1854. On December 11, 1861, what started as a factory fire destroyed much of Charleston including the cathedral.
Fund-raising for a new cathedral continued for 45 years, and construction of the present Cathedral began in January 1890.
Scapulars. Jewelry. Crucifixes
Stylish & Modest Fashion