and our Seminaries
Scapulars. Jewelry. Crucifixes
Stylish & Modest Fashion
General Instruction of the
Roman Missal for the
United States of America
Shrines and Holy Places
St Mary's Cathedral
2102 Warren Ave
The Diocese of Cheyenne was established 9 August, 1887. Construction of the St Mary's Cathedral was started in 1906, with the cornerstone being laid on July 7, 1907. The cathedral was consecrated in 1909 by Bishop Maruice F. Burke, who had served as Cheyenne's first Bishop.
Monks of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel
Post Office Box 2747,
Cody Wyoming 8241-2747
The Monks of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel is a monastic, cloistered Roman Catholic community founded in the Rocky Mountains of northwestern Wyoming near Yellowstone National Park. In the solitude and silence of the mountain wilderness, the Carmelite monks of Wyoming seek to perpetuate the charism of the Blessed Virgin Mary by living the Marian life as prescribed by the primitive Carmelite Rule and the ancient monastic observance of Carmelite men. The Carmelite Fathers and Brothers live in unwavering fidelity to the Magisterium of the Holy Roman Catholic Church and the Holy Father. With a burning love for God and a missionary zeal for souls, the Carmelite monk immolates his life in the vows of obedience, chastity, and poverty for the Holy Roman Catholic Church and for the entire world. Doing battle under the banner of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, the Carmelite monks are the Navy Seals, Green Berets, and Marines of the Roman Catholic Church in a virile, ancient tradition of prayer as contemplative monks.
Our Lady of Peace Shrine
300 Statue Drive
In 1991 after visiting shrines in Europe Ted and Marjorie Trefren of Cheyenne were inspired to erect a statue of Our Lady. The statue, finished in 1998 by sculptor Bob Fida, is thirty feet high and stands on a seven foot base. It is one of the largest Marian Statues in the United States.
Since the statue was erected many people donated to Our Lady of Peace and we have had many other statues installed at the site including; The Stations of the Cross, Our Lady of Guadalupe, and many other statues surrounding the Shrine.
Visit Ignatius Press for the best in Catholic Reading!
Publisher: Delphi Communications | Editor: Alex Majthenyi
Phone: 914-725-8000 | e-mail: email@example.com |